Today, the Steam Store page of UNLOVED has its grand opening. That doesn’t mean, the game is already available for purchase. But you can start following the game or talk about it on the discussion board.
What is UNLOVED? Watch the Teaser/Trailer:
New features / improvements:
- many, many balance improvements
- enemies can now “hunt you down” even if they have not seen you before – this increases tension and make enemy encounters much more frequent
- weapon mods – every weapon has 3 slots for improvements that increase stats of the weapon
- weapon pickups
- many new textures have been added and meshes have been improved
- you can die now – try to get to the golden room and back to the elevator in one piece
New video about the update:
Dropbox Link (360mb)
Please keep in mind that this is a very early alpha version of the game. There will be bugs etc, but if you look behind the rugged edges, you can perhaps see where I’m going with this. This version also doesn’t feature multiplayer – there have been a few last minute bugs that kept me from releasing it.
But I will keep you updated
This is the latest update video that shows the current state of the game. I also want to announce that I will launch a public alpha test for the game in the next week. I’m currently aiming for the 5th of march.
The public alpha will be 100% free and everyone can play the game with their friends, neighbors or otherworldly beings from their basement.
I’ll keep you updated…
UNLOVED is more and more shaping up into a real game. In this video I show the latest feature called The Architect. It’s basically a system that generates a random level for you to play.
Yes! UNLOVED will release on Steam as Early Access. This is just amazing
Also, there is now a Trello roadmap for the Unloved development progression. It is basically a online To-Do-List for the game and I will try and update it as much as possible. Also, it will show you my plans for the upcoming release of the game and what the future will bring.
You can check it out here!
This is it, my very first public presentation of my new game UNLOVED. So far, there isn’t too much fancy stuff, but I’ve never worked with the Unreal Engine 4 before and I’m trying to take every step slowly and carefully, to provide the best gameplay quality possible.
I’m currently looking for a talented artist (2d+3d) for my new project. I’s a horror themed FPS game created with the Unreal Engine 4. If you are an artist or you know someone who may be interested in working on a game with me, please read on
What you should bring:
- great experience in 3d modeling for games, rigging, texturing and animation
- great experience in 2d art, digital and non-digital
- knowledge of creating and animating monsters, characters, objects and weapons
- experience in working on a time consuming project like this
- a love for the grotesque, dark, ultra-violence, monsters and horror
- lots of time and motivation to work on an open-end project
- inspiration and your own unique ideas that will enhance the game further
- creating 3d assets for a horror themed game like monsters, level assets like furniture or crazy hell machinery, characters and weapons
- creating textures, a rig and realistic animations for models
- creating 2d art for the HUD and menus of the game
- drawing concept art for monster designs, weapons, characters and levels
What can you expect:
- financial compensation for your work as long as the project goes
- lots of artistic freedom
- a release date that isn’t too far away, but still realistic deadlines for assets
- a long, ongoing project with frequent content updates after initial release
- keeping in touch frequently, talking about new and old ideas and concepts
I consider myself an artist and I have worked with artists before and know how ‘we tick’. I’ve created 4 games so far and lots of mods for other games, so I know what I’m doing. The project is thought out and will be released in multiple steps. Maybe via early-access or a similar method that allows frequent content updates and a growing community over time.
We can discuss further details about the game via email. Think about something like Silent Hill or Dead Space. And Doom.
If you are interested or know someone who might be interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with some information about you and some art showcase (preferably with horror themed stuff you made).
Thank you very much and see ya